KWADASO AGRIC COLLEGE WAS FOUNDED BY WHO?
Kwadaso Agric College (KAC) was founded in Kumasi in 1922, with premises given by Cadbury and Fry, a major cocoa buyer on the Gold Coast at the time. The College was founded to train young school leavers in cocoa production. The institution was enlarged in 1946 to accommodate secondary school leavers to be taught in General Agriculture as a result of the necessity to increase food production for both soldiers and the general people as a result of World War II.
The students worked as frontline employees or Agricultural Assistants for the Department of Agriculture at the time. The Department of Agriculture purchased the Central Agriculture Station’s land for Agricultural Research and Training from the Asantehene in 1948. Seed Multiplication Centre, Cocoa Division, Soil and Crop Research, as well as training facilities, were built.
visit the college’s website at http://kca.edu.gh/ for further information.
General Overview of Kwadaso College of Agriculture.
The College is located on a sixteen-square-kilos meter campus with the undulating ground and attractive environs, roughly seven kilometers from Kumasi’s major business district. The campus features a stunning and modern architecture intermingled with lush meadows and tropical flora, creating a calm and refreshing environment conducive to academic studies. It has quickly established itself as a major training facility for agriculture extension agents and agribusiness workers in the short time it has been in operation.
In the College, there are seven residence halls. Hunter, Nicholas, Sam, Smith, Martinson, and Rose Mensah are their names. There are four male-only housing halls and two female-only residence halls.
The middle area of the grounds is occupied by the Halls of Residence and the Administration Block.
In June 2007, the College began issuing diplomas. External examiners and moderators review all diploma examinations to guarantee that high academic standards are maintained.
Meet Albert Appiah Amoakoh — Vice-Principal
Read also: Top Agricultural Colleges In Ghana
We attract and train young minds and staff to offer innovative and transformational leadership, to deliver practical agricultural solutions in a, sustainable manner that brings value to all stakeholders and meets national agricultural and agribusiness needs
Core Values of Kwadaso Agric College
- Leaders in innovation
- Culture of excellence
- Equal Opportunity
- Integrity and moral excellence
- Stakeholder engagement and collaboration
A center of excellence with dynamic, flexible, and demand-driven training programs where staff and the youth build careers that make them transformational leaders in agriculture and agribusiness In Ghana, Africa, and beyond.
Academic Departments of Kwadaso College Of Agricultural.
The Kwdaso Agricultural College strives to provide a broad and balanced curriculum with satisfying and engaging activities that will prepare our students for the finest social and cultural lives possible.
Whether it’s through our books or hands-on training, we make sure that each student receives individual attention to cope with and excel in each topic, resulting in higher grades and a brighter future.
- CROPS/SOIL SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
- ANIMAL SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
- AGRIBUSINESS, ECONOMICS & EXTENSION DEPARTMENT
- HOME SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
- NON-TRADITIONAL DEPARTMENT
Courses offered at Kwadaso Agric College.
- Diploma in General Agriculture(Agriculture)
- Diploma in Agricultural Extension(Agricultural Extension)
- BSc Agricultural Engineering(Engineering)
- B.Sc. (Agricultural Extension)(Agriculture)
- Certificate in Field Animal Health
Kwadaso Agric College Courses And Its Entry Requirement
CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES OFFERED AT KWADASO AGRIC COLLEGE
Those seeking admission for a Certificate in General Agriculture must have the following:
- Passes in SSCE/WASSCE courses with an aggregate of 36 or better or
- Farm Institute Certificate or
- GCE O’ level credit passes (or approved equivalent) in English Language, Mathematics, and at least three (3) science subjects with an Agricultural establishment. (minimum of 2 years of working experience
- Candidates must provide recommendation letters from the leadership of the establishment
Passes at A’ level in any two of the following subjects; Chemistry, Biology, or Physics would be an advantage.
READ ALSO: KNUST | Agricultural Science Courses Offered In KNUST And Their Entry Requirement
- Workers (minimum of 2 years working experience) with Certificate in General Agriculture
SSCE and WASSCE candidates with a MINIMUM aggregate of 24 or better
- Applicants must pass all the CORE subjects namely, English, Mathematics, Integrated/Core Science
- Three electives from Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics, Biology, and General Agriculture in addition to the ‘A’ above.
- GCE O’ level candidates with credit passes (or approved equivalent) in English Language, Mathematics, and at least three (3) science subjects.
- Passes at A’ level in any two of the following subjects: Chemistry, Biology, or Physics would be an advantage